IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022 was released recently. A few facts from the list are as follows:
- Gautam Adani and family tops the list with an estimated daily wealth of at Rs. 1,612 crore, which is 116 per cent increase when compared to 2021.
- Other top performers include Mukesh Ambani, Cyrus S Poonawalla, Shiv Nadar and others..
- 1,103 individuals from a total of 122 Indian cities have cumulative wealth of Rs.1,000 crore wealth which is a 62 per cent increase in the last five years.
- Cumulative wealth surged by 9.4 per cent, while average wealth fell by 1 per cent.
- 602 individuals witnessed their wealth increase or stay at constant. Of these, 149 were new entrants.
- 415 people have witnessed their wealth decline and 50 have dropped out from this list.
- Number of billionaires in India has dropped to 221.
- Chemicals and Financial Services have the largest number of new entrants and the pharmaceutical sector is the largest contributor of wealth creation and it has contributed towards 126 entrants.
- The pharmaceutical sector has 36 rich entrepreneurs, followed by chemicals and petrochemicals with 23 entrepreneurs and software and services with 21 entrepreneurs.
- The youngest in the list is Bengaluru-based Kaivalya Vohra, who at the age of 19, became the self-made rich individual with the grocery delivery application Zepto. Last year, the youngest in the list was 23-years old.
- The youngest self-made woman entrepreneur in this list is Neha Narkhede – an Indian-American from Pune
- Other prominent women in this list include Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and family in the 34th position and Radha Vembu of Zoho Corp at the 50th
IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List
The report was jointly released by Hurun India and IIFL Wealth. The 2022 list is the 11th annual ranking of the richest individuals in India focussing on individuals residing or born and bred in India. It gives a comprehensive overview of factors that contributed towards the increasing wealth in the country.