Discover the allure of Khimsar Village, nestled in the heart of Rajasthan. This charming village offers a captivating fusion of history, culture, and rural allure. With your own vehicle, you can seamlessly uncover the wonders of Khimsar, from the majestic Khimsar Fort to ancient temples and breathtaking desert panoramas. Embark on an unforgettable journey through Khimsar Village’s rustic charm and vibrant heritage at your own pace. The Khimsar desert boasts extensive dunes, providing an ideal setting for desert safaris, sunsets, and more – making it an oasis for relaxation and nature enthusiasts alike.
Beyond the well-known attractions, add some fun to your trip with these activities:
– Experience the Nagaur Festival: This annual local event celebrates Khimsar’s culture. The festival features cattle trading, camel racing, red chili sales, and handcrafted goods from local artisans.
– Khimsar Dunes Village: Spend a day at the oasis hub of desert adventures, offering ATV rides, wildlife safaris, camel rides, and stunning sunsets. Consider a night safari for stargazing and bonfires.
Embrace nature, culture, and history with these popular attractions:
1. Khimsar Fort: Marvel at this historical gem that stands at the village’s heart, showcasing a blend of Mughal and Rajputana architectural styles.
2. Panchala Black Buck Reserve: Embark on a journey through this natural reserve, just a short drive from the fort, to witness the thriving black buck population.
3. The Village and Oasis: Explore the oasis located a short distance from the fort, offering desert adventures and stunning sunset views.
4. Nagaur Fort: Venture to Nagaur to witness the historical Nagaur Fort, rich with tales of the past.
Expand your itinerary to include these nearby gems:
1. Dhawa Doli Wildlife Sanctuary: Embark on a wildlife adventure at this reserve located southwest of Jodhpur, offering glimpses of diverse flora and fauna.
2. Osian Mata Temple: Visit this iconic temple located just a short drive away from Khimsar, presenting intricate architecture and serene surroundings.
3. Junagarh Fort: Plan a weekend trip to Bikaner to explore this renowned fortress, showcasing stunning architecture and captivating history.
Planning Your Visit
– How to Reach: Access Khimsar via road from various cities, or fly to Jodhpur Airport and arrange transportation from there.
– Best Time to Visit: Explore Khimsar during the winter months for pleasant weather and cultural festivals.
Hotels and Accommodation
Choose from well-rated accommodations, including:
– Khimsar Sand Dunes Resort
– Welcomhotel By ITC Hotels, Fort & Dunes, Khimsar
– Abhay Resort and Camp
– Inani Brothers
– Hotel Riddhima
Khimsar Fort’s Rich History
Built in 1523, Khimsar Fort exudes historical significance with its exquisite architecture. Once a temporary residence for Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb, it now serves as a luxury hotel, blending original interiors with modern amenities.
Experience the magic of Khimsar Village – a hidden gem offering history, culture, and natural beauty. Whether you’re admiring the Khimsar Fort, engaging in desert adventures, or immersing yourself in local festivities, Khimsar promises an unforgettable journey.