Adi Shankaracharya Jayanti 2022 will be celebrated on May 6, 2022 as the day marks the birth of Adi Shankaracharya. The great seer is believed to be the incarnation of Lord Shiva. Shankaracharya Jayanti is considered to be one of the most special and holy days among Hindus as they extend their wishes to each other.
EBNW Story presents quotes and images with which you can wish your near and dear ones…
Adi Shankaracharya quotes
- “Like the appearance of silver in mother of pearl, the world seems real until the Self, the underlying reality, is realized.”
- “At dawn, I meditate in my heart on the truth of the radiant inner Self. This true Self is Pure Being, Awareness, and Joy, the transcendent goal of the great sages. The eternal witness of the waking, dream and deep sleep states. I am more than my body, mind and emotions, I am that undivided Spirit.”
- “When our false perception is corrected, misery ends also.”
- “Where renunciation and longing for liberation are weak, tranquillity and the other virtues are a mere appearance, like the mirage in the desert.”
- “Sickness is not cured by saying ‘Medicine,’ but by drinking it.”
Adi Shankaracharya teachings
Adi Shankaracharya’s played a significant role in imparting knowledge and philosophy of Advaita Vedanta. He taught about the principles of Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads and Brahmasutras and was recognised as a philosopher whose lessons on unity and spirituality continue to inspire people of all groups and sections.