Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple in Yadadri Bhuvanagiri district made of gold, granite and aesthetic carving was inaugurated by Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao (KCR) on Monday.
KCR with his family reached Yadadri Bhuvanagiri to inaugurate the revamped Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, the reconstruction of which has been made at around Rs 1,280 crore over the past five years. The EBNW Story brings the unique features of this temple:
- The temple has been constructed with 2,50,000 tonne black granite, specially brought in from Prakasam, Andhra Pradesh.
- It exhibits a fusion of both Dravidian and Kakatiyan styles of architecture
- More than 2,000 sculptors and thousands of workers have been involved in the reconstruction work of the temple which is still under progress
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple in Yadadri is approximately 80 km away from Hyderabad
- The sprawling 14.5-acre temple complex project was started in April 2016 and a budget of approximately Rs 1,600 crore was allocated.
- The entire temple township project is spread over 2,500 acres of land.
- While the pillar is carved out of a single stone, no cement is used for the temple construction.
- Indian architecture mythology was kept in mind while planning the temple by the famous film set designer Anand Sai
- The special doors of the main entrances were created by the pembarthy (famous for its metal and brass works) artisans, the queue lines adorned with sanku chakra symbols, specially made from Indore and the main entrance of sanctum sanctorum is gold-covered.
- A Tanjore style of painting is also put in the temple.
- Temple vimana gopuram (structure at the top of the temple) is covered with 125 kg of gold which was donated to the temple by CM KCR, his cabinet, colleagues and several industrialists.
- While KCR donated 1,116 grams of gold on behalf of his family, other TRS Ministers, MLA’s, MPs, several business houses also have announced gold donations for the temple, said the CMO.
- Hyderabad-based MNC Megha Engineering announced a 6 kg gold donation while Hetero Pharma owner announced a 5 kg gold donation.