As Narendra Modi, the honourable prime Minister of India turns 70 on September 17, wishes are pouring in from all corners of the world. Some are terming him as world leader while the others are hailing him as progressive leader who is guiding the nation towards development and prosperity. Let’s know more about this man with a mission…
1.Prime Minister Narendra Modi was born to a Gujarati family in Vadnagar. As a child, he used to help his father sell tea at the local railway station.
2. At the age of eight, Modi started attending the RSS training sessions. Here, he met Lakshmanrao Inamdar who was his mentor and he inducted him as a junior cadet in the RSS.
3. In 1967, Modi finished his high school education and attained his BA degree in political science in 1978. In 1982, he completed his Master’s degree from Gujarat University.
4. Modi has been a writer too who wrote a book in Gujarati language on his experiences when he went into forced hiding during the 1975 Emergency. He wrote sequencing events of the time.
5. After the 1971 war, Modi was a full-time campaigner for the RSS who joined the BJP in 1985.
6. Modi has a significant role to play during the then Deputy Prime Minister LK Advani headlining the 1990 Ram Rath Yatra.
7. Modi follows the teachings of Swami Vivekananda and has been visiting ashrams founded by Vivekananda.
8. Modi wakes up at around 5-5:30 in the morning and sleeps for around 5 hours each day. He follows a vegetarian diet and has been observing Navratri fasts for all nine days no matter in which part of the world he is.
9. In the 2014 Forbes Magazine list of most powerful people, Modi ranked 15th. He was also ranked as the Person of the Year by Time magazine in the same year. He was constantly included in the Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in three consecutive years which are 2014, 2015 and 2017.
10. Modi is the second most followed personality on Twitter, who is followed by former US President Barack Obama, with over 50 million followers.
11. Modi is the first Prime Minister to be born in Independent India.