Rajasthan is all set to introduce its exclusive heritage train service, the Valley Queen Heritage Train, which will commence its journey from Marwar Junction to Khamlighat starting on October 5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated this unique rail service from Jodhpur.
Unique Heritage Train
- The Valley Queen Heritage Train is Rajasthan’s only heritage train service.
- It replicates the design of a 150-year-old steam engine, providing passengers with a nostalgic experience.
Schedule and Ticket Pricing
- The train will operate four days a week.
- Tickets for the heritage train are priced at Rs 2,000 per person.
- It departs from Marwar Junction at 8.30 am, reaching Khamlighat at 11 am via Phulad and Goram Ghat railway stations.
- The train makes brief stops of 10 to 15 minutes at each station.
- After a halt of three and a half hours at Kamli Ghat, it departs at 3 pm and returns to Marwar Junction at 5.40 pm on the same day.
- The Valley Queen Heritage Train offers a picturesque journey, passing through lush green valleys, hills, and showcasing rare flora and fauna.
- The route features two tunnels that are nearly a century old, along with 172 small and large bridges spanning water streams.
- The Marwar Junction-Mavli Junction railway line, where the Valley Queen Heritage Train operates, has historical significance.
- It was established before Independence with contributions from two different royal families.
- The railway line from Mavli Junction to Phulad was constructed by the Maharana of Mewar (Udaipur), while the railway line from Marwar Junction to Phulad was constructed by the Maharaja of Marwar (Jodhpur).
- Before independence, separate trains of the royal families used to run on this track, with passengers changing trains at Phulad.
The Valley Queen Heritage Train offers not only a distinctive travel experience but also a glimpse into the rich history and heritage of Rajasthan’s railways. It’s a journey back in time that allows passengers to relive the nostalgia of steam engines and explore the natural beauty of the region. This unique addition to Rajasthan’s tourism offerings is sure to attract history enthusiasts and travelers looking for an unforgettable experience.