Ace investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, known as Big Bull & Warren Buffett of India, died on 14th August 2022 at the age of 62 due to a Cardiac Arrest.
Jhunjhunwala was born on July 5, 1960, in a Rajasthani family and his upbringing was made in Bombay.
His father was Commissioner of Income Tax, while Rakesh graduated from Sydenham College and thereafter enrolled at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Rakesh then wanted to enter the stock market. On this desire, Rakesh’s father replied, “Do it on your own and don’t ask anyone for money.” With that in mind, Rakesh started his journey in the stock market with his first hard-earned Rs. 5,000
Jhunjhunwala is no doubt one of the best personalities in the Indian stock market. Let’s take a look at 5 interesting facts about Jhunjhunwala.
1. His investment skills earned him the title “India’s Warren Buffet” & Big Bull of Dalal Street.
2. When Jhunjhunwala entered the stock market, the Sensex was at 150 points and today its amazingly near 60,000 points.
3. In the year 1985, when Jhunjhunwala was a college student, he invested 5,000 in the stock market and by September 2018, it had become 11,000 crore. This is completely insane!!!
4. Jhunjhunwala’s earnings were about Rs 46,000 crore.
5. Jhunjhunwala operated a stock trading firm called RARE Enterprises. The enterprise was named from the first two alphabets of his wife’s name, Rekha.