Gayaji Dam was recently inaugurated over Falgu river by Bihar CM Nitish Kumar.
Kumar inaugurated the country’s largest rubber dam and a steel bridge over the Falgu river which is located near Vishnupad temple in Bihar. He had laid its foundation stone on 22 September 2020. EBNW Story features a few of its details…
- The banks seen along the Falgu River are developed and a steel bridge is built for pilgrims to visit Sita Kund
- The rubber dam is built with 17 mm thick rubber. It is 400 meters wide and 3 meters high. With the construction of the dam, its water will be stored for about two and a half kilometers.
- The height of Bar Dam has been retained at three meters which will help in holding water up to three meters. If there is more water, the water from the top of the rubber dam will flow downwards i.e. in the north direction. In special circumstances, arrangements have been made to release water from the rubber dam.
- Being a bulletproof structure, experts claim that it will not deteriorate for 100 years. This rubber dam has been built at a cost of about 312 crores which will keep water throughout the year in the Falgu river.
- This will help people to take bath, pind daan and perform tarpan. People visit here not only from the country but also from abroad come to offer prayers to the ancestors for salvation.
- The Gayaji Dam was constructed by Rubina Company of Austria in collaboration with Nagarjuna Construction Company of Hyderabad on the advice of experts from IIT Roorkee.