In the list of the top-performing global airports of 2022 released by Cirium Aviation Analytics, Bangalore’s Kempegowda International Airport and Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport notched the second and seventh spots, respectively. The top 10 airports, according to Cirium, are:
- Haneda Airport (Tokyo, Japan)
- Kempegowda International Airport (Bangalore, India)
- Salt Lake City International Airport (Utah, US)
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (Michigan, US)
- Philadelphia International Airport (Pennsylvania, US)
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (Minnesota, US)
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi, India)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (Washington, US)
- El Dorado International Airport (Bogota, Colombia)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (North Carolina, US)
Most Punctual Airlines
Cirium also released a list of the most punctual airlines worldwide, in which Azul Airlines, a Brazilian carrier based in São Paulo, came out as the “global leader.” Offering flights to destinations within Brazil and other parts of South America, North America, and Europe, it has won numerous awards, including “Best Regional Airline in South America,” “Best Airline Staff in South America,” and “Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness in South America” in the 2019 Skytrax awards.
Delta Airlines was also recognized by Cirium, receiving the Platinum Award for global operational excellence for the second consecutive year.