Watch Gharials at Palighat Crocodile Safari living in marshy lands near Chambal river
Wanna have an unforgettable experience after exploring tiger safari in Ranthambore? Try visiting Palighat Crocodile park, situated about 35 kms from Ranthambore, on Chambal River banks.
Located at an hour’s drive from Sawai Madhopur, Palighat crocodile park is one of the best things to do in Ranthambore as the presence of several ‘Gharials’, living along with mighty marsh crocodiles within the steams of Chambal river, shall give you goosebumps. Let’s explore 5 things we can do at Palighat Crocodile Safari:
1. Unique experiences: Watching the endangered species of Gharials encountering with their prey is a unique experience here which can be a lifetime memoir.
2. Boat Safari: Boat safari is yet something interesting you can have here. You can in fact enjoy this safari in Palighat Crocodile sanctuary and should take your binoculars along.
3. Explore diverse fauna: You can also witness a diverse variety of fauna including Jungle cats, turtles and skimmers. In rare occasions, people have also sighted Gangetic Dolphins within Palighat crocodile sanctuary.
4. Camping site: For the adventure freaks, there is yet another interesting activity— camping. A few private players provide camping facility at a distance of less than 100 meters from the place where Crocodiles breed. Spending an overnight time will give you an experience that will leave you spellbound.
5. Experience the natural beauty: Enjoy the beautiful drive from Ranthambore to Palighat which is an experience in itself. Watch wild animals crossing the roads with jungle at either side of the road.
Best time to visit: Palighat is operated during October to June. The sanctuary remains closed during monsoon.
ry remains closed during monsoon.